Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blizzard: Day 1

My life in the arctic tundra consists of...


 17 inches of snow.




4 foot snow drifts.


Cupcakes. Red velvet, my favorite, in honor of February 1st!





And Lost: Season 1. 




I'm bummin' right now because the hottest character, Boone, just died. The loss is amplified by my lack of contact (and freedom to contact others) by the fact that I can't walk out my front door without being confronted by an eye-level snow drift. Granted, I'm short, but Oklahoma hasn't seen this much snowfall or had a blizzard in over 100 years. It's pretty incredible.


 My favorite part of the whole ordeal was definitely the thunder snow from last night. Lightning and snow, power and purity, complimented with the clanging gong of thunder for added emphasis... as if the contrast wasn't striking enough. Dark silence split open by blinding light. May love search me out and strike me like that. Undeniable, raw power, so I'll never be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment