Wednesday, February 23, 2011

43 Days

I worked my first of three doubles in a four day span. And I'm already pooped. I played hard this morning, then hosted hard like I do. It was a super chill night, but the boredom gave me time to feel tired, and the fatigue has not left my body or eyes. I'm hoping to have an hour and fifteen minutes to wash and dry my uniform tomorrow. If not, well then I guess I'll go to work smelling like fajitas. But it doesn't matter because that smell doesn't leave the restaurant anyway.


I really need to read some "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" because I've been reading "The Five Love Languages" today and, written for a married reader, it is making me feel awfully single. And there's a storm front moving in tonight, which makes me want someone to sleep in and cuddle with, make coffee for and read books in silence with all day. And as wonderful of company as Jack Jack is, he's four, can't read, and doesn't grasp the concept of quiet.
I need contentment. And to remember how intentional these days are. The longing for companionship will never cease, but the sadness comes and goes as it pleases. That needs to stop. Help me, beautiful Jesus, to love everyone and every season of life that you've blessed me with. Help me see the beauty of purification in every tear of lonely sadness that I cry. I'm one day closer to you, Beloved. Don't let my heart forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment