Sunday, February 6, 2011

Dress to Impress

I'm on a dress-making kick right now. I finished one last night, and now I'm starting another. I'm doing something different this time around though. I've been wanting to mix and match elements of different dress patterns, and that's what I'm doing with this dress! I'm really hoping it turns out awesome. If not, I'll just try again. And I'm using jersey knit, which is my favorite fabric to wear but, since I don't have a serger, I normally avoid working with it if possible. So this potential dream dress is going to be sky blue with a sweetheart top, empire waist, and short sleeves. The challenge with this dress, aside from the fabric itself, will be in how I'm going to get the sleeve (originally designed to be set-in) to sit in the front. I think I know how to remedy this, so cross your fingers and hope it turns out!

This is my "Jackie O" dress that I finished last night.

In the dress I'm working on right now, I'm keeping all the elements of this dress
EXCEPT I'm exchanging the bodice front for the one below.

I love sweetheart tops, so I really hope it turns out!

Wish me luck! As soon as it's done, I'll post pictures.

Love,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment