Saturday, February 26, 2011

Datee

I've noticed a dramatic decline in suitors in the last several months, which I owe to the facts that 1. I'm going into the AF, and 2. I don't really talk to guys in general (due to the internal desire to not get tied down emotionally). But, as of late, I'm just getting really bored with not hanging out with the cool guys that I know are out there. I mentioned this earlier to my sweet friend, Cyterica, and she suggested posting an ad for me on Facebook. I agreed to it and I am now tagged in an ad that is as follows:


WANTED: handsome young men with fun personality that would be interested in going on a date with the beautiful and lovely miss Kristen Coager. nothing serious, just a good time with good company. now accepting applications! sidenote: a just for fun date is not the equivalent to a one night stand, don't bother applying if that's your only interest.


I'm not used to being advertised in such a manner, but it's not so bad considering I got an offer in the first five minutes of it being posted. Ballin. It's just for fun and I'm sure it will be a great time. We're dressing up vintage-style (boys in bow ties and button-ups, ladies in classic cut dresses), probably getting dinner, going to downtown Tulsa for a photo shoot (me, Cyterica, and my date Andrew are all photography hobbyists), then to An Evening with Yann Martel to hear the author of Life of Pi speak at Booksmart. I am so incredibly excited. I'm re-reading Life of Pi right now, which is a total coincidence. And the man is a genius and has a beautiful heart and imagination. I can't wait to meet him. 
And if all the plans with boys fall through, I'm fine with that because I know Teri and I will have a wonderful time together no matter what.

On a different note, I just gave my number to a guy, which I haven't done in quite a long time. I was way smooth about it, or at least I tried to be. Either way, I am proud of myself for knowing that I've still got the guts to put myself out there. I almost thought I forgot how to flirt because it's been so long. But I didn't. Rest assured, readers... This lil mama still got game. 

2 comments:

  1. Inspiring! hahahaha Girl. Just for fun dates/missing my awesome guy friends.... they're out there... but where are they all hiding??

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved reading this today... because ive been feeling the same way!
    there are SO many pressures of dating these days...
    whatever happened to the excitement of meeting and learning about someone new while enjoying a nice night...
    now everyone always gets ahead of themselves by wondering "is this the one?"...
    ugh. gross.
    i hope you enjoyed your date, love! :)

    ReplyDelete