Monday, February 28, 2011

He is Mine

I've just had a very interesting night, filled with lots of grimy, existential questions, a documentary about graffiti and pop art, and the gentle nocturne of Owasso during spring. 


Not everyone chooses to believe in God, have faith in the unseen, or invest in the idea of a loving God that sacrificed Himself for me. And, if they're happy with that decision, good for them. But that is not what I choose to believe, and there's no changing it. I am my Beloved's and my Beloved is mine. I am my Beloved's and my Beloved is mine. He is mine, and nothing can separate me from His love.


I am absolutely convinced that nothing- nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable- nothing can get between us and God's love because of the way Jesus our master has embraced us. 


-Romans 8:39 (The Message)


If this isn't true, then I don't know what else is.

No comments:

Post a Comment