Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blizzard: Day 2

Instead of staying cooped up in the house today, I decided to go for a walk. I have two rolls of film that I decided to drop off at the CVS down the street. Given that the whole town is covered  in knee-high snow and five foot snow drifts, it wasn't just a stroll in the park. But I did the best I could at capturing the beauty of a paralyzed society.







These were taken at a park by my house. Normally the park bench has a place for you to hang your feet, but not this week.


I walked behind the church after stopping by CVS and found an Air Hockey table surrounded by ice.


As you can see from this crotch shot, the snow drifts behind the church were unforgiving. I had to dig my way out of this just so I could keep walking.




The duck pond is frozen over, save for the circumference around the fountain. All the Canadian geese had their little beaks tucked under their wings. I would feel bad for their misfortune, but I've been maliciously chased one too many times to pity them.



I doubled back around to the park again and chilled on my favorite swing for a while. Someone threw it over once so the chain is long enough to dangle your legs from without being in the snow. Good idea, stranger. In my CVS loot bag is new reading material (Nylon and Teen Vogue), three new nail colors for spring, some colorful head bands (to hold my greasy-grease hair back), and a card for my beloved sister, who celebrated her 26th birthday a few days ago! Happy birthday [again], Lo Lo! You're my favorite sister ever!

So, all in all, today was a great day. I'm gonna go trekking again tomorrow so I can pick up my pictures. I'm just glad I have a reason to get out of the house again! Oh snow, you are simply not wanted anymore. Please go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment