Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dying Alone is for Squares.

So yesterday was a crazy day but it was fantastic nonetheless. Owasso cancelled school, but Marie had to work, so I watched Jack and his older brother, Titus, who is normally at school when I'm with Jack. He's 7 years old but has the attitude of a 14 year old girl. Oh my stars. I've never had to put either of them in time out until yesterday. I think they're just sick of each other due to being couped up together from all the snow. I tolerated a lot of sass and feist all morning long, and it was really trying. And that is why I am not a mother. It is true that spending time with crazy kids is the best birth control there is.
After working with the boys, I went home and got ready for my first shift back at Chili's! I had so much fun. There's only a few people that have kept working there since I left back in May of 2009, but the people that have come along since are all awesome. And I saw some of my favorite Mexicans on the way in (Rafi and Daniel), so my next shifts are also promising because they're really fun to work with. It would be more fun if my brother and sister were still there, but life has taken them elsewhere and that's okay with me. I am just so thankful to be working there again. I really can't explain how much I love that restaurant; it's just everything I think a restaurant should be. Everyone follows the high standards set by the corporation. It's a beautiful thing.
As I was managing a wait and hosting by myself (which was way fun but kinda crazy), this young man came in with his parents. I'm really comfortable with myself so if I see someone that I think is incredibly attractive, I keep my cool and treat them like anyone else. But everything about this guy made me freak out inside. I think I obtained normalcy, but I was like screaming in agony at how gorgeous he was in my brain. He had blond hair that was neatly parted on the side, a gap in his front teeth (which I have a thing for), was wearing tan wool pants and a matching jacket, and had wonderful manners. I'm normally not into guys with blond hair but he was so freaking cute. I feel ridiculous for even writing this, but the world has to know about this. If you know a guy that meets this description that lives in Owasso, please let me know.
I'm not trying to be a scary single but I just want to know who he is. One of my friends came in to sit in her Mom's section, who happened to be waiting on this guy and his parents. I sat her directly across from him and told her that I thought he was way attractive. When they left, she told me that his older sister dated her older brother. She told me his last name but she doesn't know his first. I'm pretty sure I went to high school with him, but I don't ever remember meeting him (probably because Owasso is huge). I'm trying to accept the fact that I won't ever know him and that, even if I do meet him, it doesn't matter because I'm getting ready to leave for the next six years. I'm just a girl, what can I say. I get excited about the simple things. It's just reassuring to see that a guy that looks like the man of my dreams exists. Maybe I won't die alone after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment