Monday, February 7, 2011

Hostess with the Mostess


I went in to Chili's today and filled out rehire paperwork! And then I skipped over to Walmart and Target to get the elements necessary to make up my hosting uniform. I have never been more thrilled about going to work at a restaurant in my life! The fact that I know I'll be working under a fantastic management team is really awesome. As you've previously read, my experience with my last serving job (at Joe's Italian Grill) was quite the opposite of what I'm going to be dealing with on a daily basis. Not only is the managerial team excellent, but I'll be working side-by-side with people that I've known and been friends with for several years. One of my best friends, Laina works there still, so getting to see her and write her notes on receipt paper will be very nice!

I'm also really excited to be working with the public again. I love people so very much, and this season of solitude that I've been in for the last six months has been unlike any other time in my life. So I am very grateful to be going back to a positive, energetic environment again. The only downside is my hair will always smell like fajitas from now until the end of March. I know that working will make the time fly by, and I am so delighted that I get to enjoy my last few weeks working with a team that I am very confident in. I might not be blogging as much for the next several months, but I'll try to write as often as my schedule will allow.

I'm going to continue working with Jack Jack, so I'll always have pictures and such to post of our many adventures. I'm glad to have a fun and chill, playtime job and a fast-paced business job. I feel like the dynamics of the different environments will fit smashingly with my personality. Oh Lord, I am so blessed! I have wonderful friends who love me very much, a supportive family who is just awesome, two jobs to help meet my needs financially and mentally, and I'm surrounded by great people everywhere. If you're reading this, I am going to assume you are one of those awesome people in my life. I just want to say thank you.

Love,
K

3 comments:

  1. Blogger is life.
    I'm really, really stoked for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told brady the other day that the fact that you'll be working at chili's again almost makes me want to host there again as well! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Teri, I TOTALLY wish you would come back and work with me! If you did, I would poop my pants involuntarily and joyfully clean up the mess. THAT'S how much I would love for us to work together again. I miss yooooooooou!!!

    ReplyDelete