Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Just Gorgeous.

Life is only getting sweeter and sweeter. I had a wonderful Valentine's day. The sun was out so Jack Jack and I played King of the Snow Mountain, threw and kicked chunks of ice in the road, and enjoyed the sunshine with books and the Power Rangers (they came out to play with us). We watched some of Despicable Me and then I was on my way.

I went home, read some Harry Potter, and got all dolled up for an evening of running around like a mad woman for three and a half hours straight. As I was getting ready, I embraced Amy Winehouse hair and makeup.
Healthy Amy, not cracked out Amy.
She's so gorgeous when she's not on drugs.

Combined it with my hostess uniform which I felt savored highly of an American Apparel add. This one specifically. I have to wear a polo and khakis. Since I have a really short torso, pants with regular waist lines look high-waisted on me. I am all about embracing that trend from the 70's because I won't have to work hard to rock it. And I can proudly flaunt my naturally high waist! That is why I love fashion. Because it helps you embrace the physical characteristics about yourself that you cannot change (by playing them up) and express who you are on the inside.

After work, I rolled silverware to help the servers get out faster, then went to Applebee's with some new friends from work. I am so very thankful that they pressured me into hanging out. They're breaking me of the anti-social tendencies that I've apparently developed over the last several months. We drank water and talked until about 1:30 in the morning. It was very wonderful. I am so very thankful, as I always say, for the phenomenal people in my life, and everyday I realize how much more I am blessed with that I do not deserve. I didn't know what to expect when I moved back to Owasso, but the people I am closest to now are not who I would have expected. It's been such a beautiful surprise.

Today I've done nothing but bake cinnamon rolls, talk to my sister on the phone, clean my room, and chill out to Value Pac, Jimmy Eat World, and the Unforgettable music channel on XM Radio (which is all the classics from the 40 and 50's). Quite the conbination, eh? I walked to the bank in my tie-dyed heart dress that I bought from one of my hippie friends that I worked with at Hideaway, who is the tie-dye artist that does all their shirts. When it's warm and beautiful outside like it was today, it makes me miss late nights at Hideaway eating pizza and drinking beer behind the restaurant with all of my work friends. Those are the good times in college that I do actually miss. They're really open-minded people, so I was never judged for anything. It was really refreshing after growing up in the City of Character.

I am so glad I moved back though. It's been difficult but really fun even still. I am so excited about what the next few days will bring. Lots of change and risk, but it'll all be for the best!

Xoxo,
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment