Thursday, February 3, 2011

Blizzard: Day 3-- Cabin Fever

I am so tired of this snow. At first, I was thinking "This is crazy! It sounds like fun!" But now I just wish there was a way that I could magically wish it all away. I walked to CVS again to pick up two rolls of lomography prints. I called ahead to make sure they knew that I wanted all of the prints, blurry ones included. I spoke with the Photo Center person and she said she would reprint them. But when I picked up my 2 rolls of 24 exposure pictures, there were only 34 in the envelope, which means Emily, the photo center girl friggin lied. She didn't reprint anything, and I am sorely disappointed. Needless to say, I am never getting my lomography pictures printed there. Ever again.

I didn't eat before I left either, so when I made it there I was out of breath and shaky. And my boots were wet from yesterday, so today's adventure wasn't nearly as enjoyable as yesterday's. But I did find a way to beat the system and not have to walk in the snow for a long stretch of the way. There's a long white fence (the one from yesterday's picture) and I did a balancing act and walked on top of it the whole stretch. I felt so accomplished after I did so that I almost did a victory dance. But I refrained for fear of being penalized for excessive celebration.

While at CVS, I picked up some rubber cement and glue, which will help me complete two projects tonight. The first project is How to Hollow a Book, which requires glue. And the rubber cement is to make a collage. I can always find something artsy to occupy my time, but the only problem I'm facing now is a lack of canvas. I ran out before the storm, but didn't think it would be too big of a deal. But, as always, I was wrong. So I'm gonna have to get real creative with what I craft on. Wish me luck! I'll post pictures of what I accomplish later.

Xoxo,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment