Sunday, January 9, 2011

Snow Day.

It's overcast today because it's going to start snowing here real soon. In honor of winter finally starting to look like winter, I'm listening to "Winter Song" by Sara Barilles and Ingrid Michaelson on repeat. I think I shall embrace the sleepiness today with coffee, books, colored pencils and my sketch book, my journal, and pajamas all day. There is something wonderful about days like today. Solitude becomes solace. The day cannot be ruined because it's already a sad day, but only for a lack of sun. No other reason.


I'm going to make a lomo wall in my bedroom, but I can't decide if I want to rearrange my room first. I've been thinking about moving my bed to be next to my window for sometime, but I haven't done it yet. Maybe today is that day. If it is that day, I will post pictures. If it is not that day, I will most likely report what I've learned from reading and maybe post pictures of some sketches. Or maybe I won't do any of that, and I'll just write about it in my journal and you'll never know what I learned... Hmm. I guess we shall all have to wait and see. Because not even I know what will happen. After all, it's supposed to snow. And white numbs me, so I may very well lose all inspiration to do anything, which would be rather tragic.

If someone would just bring me key lime pie, this day would be perfect...

p.s. My friend Damon took this picture my junior year of high school. My two friends Karl and Jimbo are seen here, with Karl's long red hair draped over Jimbo's head. It always cracks me up and I thought you might enjoy it. We had some good times in BSE... Good times.
Oh-so-dumb, but oh-so-fun.


Xoxo,
K

2 comments:

  1. I'M GONNA DO A LOMO WALL TOOOOOOO!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DOOOOOOO ITTTTTTTT!!! I'm going to start on mine today!!! Yaaaaay!

    ReplyDelete