Thursday, January 13, 2011

Real-D

I spent yet another day at home by myself. My dad is in Texas on an over-night business trip, so when my step mom (who is still giving me the cold shoulder six days after the dog hair incident) got home from work, I decided that I couldn't stay couped up in the house feeling alienated any longer. So, I bundled up and went trekking in the cold. It wasn't nearly as cold as I expected it to be, so that was a pleasant surprise. My initial plan was to get dinner by myself but, once on my voyage, I found my feet taking me to the movie theatre. I made it just in time for the 7:00 showing of Tron 3-D. And it was freaking sick. The only crap thing was I wore my specs, which don't layer friendly with 3-D glasses. 
Six Eyes


But I was one of five people in the theatre, so there weren't many scoffers to point and laugh at my folly. It felt really bizarre at first going to see a movie alone, but I warmed up to my independence rather quickly. I am, after all, the best company I can entertain. I've never been afraid of independence, just dying alone. But I know I'm not alone, so that kinda nixes that fear. My mom and my dad called me during the movie which tells me that I am not a forgotten child, despite being treated like a ghost upon my return back to the homestead. 


Everything is beautiful in His timing. (Ecclesiastes 3:11) I have to keep reminding myself of that truth. Things will get better. It won't feel this way forever. Things will get better. Loneliness won't last forever.

2 comments:

  1. I go to movies all the time by myself. I feel like a loser. But, it's a fun way to spend a night off. yay. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I don't think you're a loser for going to the movies by yourself. Because, if you are, then I am too. And we both know that simply isn't true. ;)

    ReplyDelete