Saturday, January 8, 2011

My New Sweetheart

Francyne and I went to Hob Lobb yesterday afternoon to pick up some canvas when we discovered that HL was having a 99 cent sale on all of their patterns! So, we found a few dresses that we wanted to make and decided on our first project, a super cute halter dress by Simplicity. She stayed the night and so we used that as an excuse to stay up late working on them. She left this afternoon and I decided to finish mine. And ta da! Here she is! It's a halter dress with a zipper and hook and eye fasten in the back. I do believe it's my favorite things I've ever sewn. I can't believe I just made myself a new summer dress! I can't wait to sweat in it. Summer will be here soon, but not soon enough.


You can't tell but it has pockets!
Every dress needs pockets. <3



I just loveeee the fabric and the sweetheart bust line.

Francyne and I are going to start rotating our craft projects each week. We're going to start baking, painting, and sewing, then use the last Friday of each month to do nothing but finish projects. I'm so excited. She helps me stay focused on finishing projects and I really appreciate that. I'll normally start something, then get a stroke of genius how I can make a better one or something completely different, and I'll start on that. It's a really bad habit, Creative ADD. But Fcyne is my focuser, so I'm going to continue starting and finishing projects from here on out! That is my New Years Resolution, by the way. See things through until the end. I'm normally a quitter, but not this year!


I love this girl. 15 years strong. xoxo
I love the fabric she picked out!
She chose the knee length version.
It's going to be so adorable when it's done!!!


My next sewing project, that I'm starting this evening, is a double-breasted vest. I'll post pictures when it's done! Can't wait!

Love,
K

3 comments:

  1. wow!! it's so cute! i love the fabric! you did a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful dress! Finishing a project gives you that satisfaction of accomplishment and the opportunity to admire your work, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete