Thursday, January 6, 2011

Hair Down.

My week has been rather excellent. I've played outside with Jack, sidewalk chalked, drawn silly things, flailed and danced off-beat, and listened to lots of summer music. I love the feeling of knowing you're where you're supposed to be, doing what you're supposed to be doing. I haven't had real peace like this since... well, ever.
Jack, Woody and I went to the park today.

paint...


I'm working on a few different paintings today. First, is my brother's Christmas present. It's going to be a picture with a bunch of different flowers with faces with a quote from Sister Towanda Mason, our family friend who recently past away. My brother helped her for a week several years back, and did a lot of garden work for her because she couldn't do it all on her own anymore. She always told him "God paints each little flower face, no two are the same. That just shows how He knows each of us and sees how beautiful each of us are." So I'm going to paint the quote above the flowers. I really hope it turns out well. I'm going to use the color scheme from a birthday card she gave me last year.


Another painting I'm going to start on is from a sketch I did today. I need to change the angle of her shoulders a bit, but it'll have the main components of the sketch.


I've been sketching a lot lately. I discovered a stash of Prismacolors that I've had forever, only I didn't know they were Prismas when I got them. I found them a few weeks ago, and have been using them a lot lately. I love color. :)




I wish it was summer today, but it's not. So I'm painting in my bathing suit and camp apron because it feels like summer to me. I hope today feels like summer to you. Turn up your heater, drink some lemonade, wear shorts and listen to summer jams from the 90's and I promise you'll see the sunshine in your mind.





Love,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment