Saturday, January 15, 2011

Painting and Sushi Date: Part Deux

Sam and Lainy painting (and chatting) away. <3

Our art date was a total success. Sadly, I didn't get pictures of the girls' finished pieces with my digital camera, but I did with my Diana. Speaking of my Diana, the first thing I made today was a chain and lace camera strap for her...

Doesn't she just look happy? :)
SO GLAM, DI.
Hobb Lobb had some incredible chains with patterns on them. I bought a black and white striped chain, some iridescent teal lace, wove it through the chain, then secured it on with a button and some stitches. I can't find my jump hoops right now, but once I do, I'm going to secure the chain to make sure it holds.

Sam working on our collabo piece, which will be finished on Friday when Lainy comes back over.

Lainy starting on her adorable bird picture (that I did not get a picture of). Sorry dudes.

I just finished my piece that I sketched the other day! Sam gave me the idea of doing dandelions which turned out super whimsical and perfect for my little lady. She's so sassy with her pink hair, pill box hat and cropped veil, and form-fitting gray dress. I can only hope to be this sassy one day. One day... :)
I had so much fun painting this!

My favorite thing is how well I think her body language translates.
Doesn't it feel like she's just really unimpressed? :)
I will post more pictures of my painting adventures when I get my film developed. Until then, you're just gonna either a) wait patiently, or b) come over and paint with me so we can document a new adventure! I'll even let you be the photographer!

Jah Love,
K

2 comments:

  1. when i first saw the painting of the dandelions, i thought that the girl's body was facing forward, with her head cocked slightly to the right. I thought her hands were behind her back, and she was some sort of cross between a human and some other kind of garden animal that doesn't have any legs (maybe a worm). but then i noticed her back instead of her front. Then i saw it from a different angle. and i love it. She is soooooooo unimpressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahaha a worm? No, she's definitely a girl. :D I'm glad you loved it once you realized the angle I was painting it from. lol. Can you tell she's sitting on her feet?

    ReplyDelete