Saturday, January 29, 2011

Employed/ Best Day Ever

I am so tired! Today was a very full day. Francyne came over around noon and we went for a bike ride around the neighborhood.
Francyne by the duck pond.




We rode up to the duck pond, behind the church and over to 129th and played at the park in my neighborhood. We climbed this gigantic tree with one really low, twisty branch. After that, we biked over to QuikTrip, got sodas, then sat around outside until we were done with them. I felt like I was 12 doing that because we were just chillin' in the grass with our bikes next to us. It was wonderful though.




We went back to my house, grabbed our Wreck This Journals and art supplies, and sat on my sidewalk in the sunshine. Francyne accomplished a lot this afternoon.
She made a paint hand print.




She poured her coffee on the appropriate page.


And left a rather large puddle on the sidewalk.
And she poked lots of holes too!
This was our little set up.






We were gonna go to McDonald's and get Happy Meals for dinner (because earlier we were talking about how ridiculous the name is) but Laina invited to get Chili's with her. So we dropped off the roll of film that we finished at the tree photoshoot and walked to Chili's.
Goodness. They're so photogenic...


When they want to be. Such priceless gems.


At Chili's, we were greeted by the general manager that I spoke with on Tuesday (but was turned down by) about coming back to work there until I leave for Basic. He asked me if I'd been hired anywhere yet and I said "No" and he was like "I'm sorry, Kristen. I wish I could help you out." He went away and came back five minutes later and said "I would like you to host for me, and I can put you on Military Leave until you come back. Can you come in on Tuesday?" And I about exploded with excitement, but I managed to give him an answer.


Vom                            
While we were getting ready to leave, Laina saw a lady with a napkin over her mouth and saw her cheeks swell up. Laina was freaking out and Francyne and I didn't understand why. Then we heard a weird sound as the lady opened the bathroom door. Then Laina explained that the lady looked like she was about to throw up. I peeked over Laina and, sure enough, the lady totally puked on the door! She didn't even make it in the bathroom before she blew chunks everywhere. I flagged down a near-by server and said "Excuse me, ma'am, a lady just threw up on the bathroom door." She looked up and said "Gross," and immediately walked away. One of the grossest and funniest things that's ever happened in Chili's. So naturally, we started telling our favorite throw up stories, which is always a joy to share.


So, not only was today totally gorgeous outside, way fun biking and hanging out with Francyne, awesomely documented (with my Diana Mini; pictures soon to come), and dinner with Laina was a vomitrocious blast, but I also got a job at my favorite place of employment ever. Praise Jesus! I am so ecstatic about working there again. I can't wait! I just hope people don't make a habit out of puking on the bathroom doors because keeping the bathrooms clean is a hosts' job. Marve.

1 comment:

  1. Friday, while my husband was waiting for his bus at the Tulsa bus station, his bus pulled up into it's bay and he said suddenly the doors flew opened and like a horror movie, people exited the bus through the front door like bats out of a cave, while at the back door puke oozed down the steps. He said the scene was hillarious, but what was not so funny is that he needed to get on that bus. Well the driver called for the maintenance man and he said within minutes the bus was clean and ordor free. The passengers were lery of getting on but in they went and the bus was able to continue its route. I would have hated to have been riding when that happened. So the morale of this and your story is... beware of swollen cheeks because they just might blow!

    ReplyDelete