Monday, January 3, 2011

Sassy, Classy, and a little Bad-Assey.


It's a New Year!!!


Life has been rather marvelous lately. New Years Eve was a gas, which I spent with my lovely friend, Sam, and her homies. It was wonderful making new friends and discovering people who are crazy about the same things as I am. They quoted more 30 Rock episodes in one night than I've ever heard previously in my entire life, and I loved it. It's so great to be in a new year! Ahh... 2011, you make me smile. This year marks several large landmarks for my young life. For one, I'm officially going into the Air Force in three months (and two days)! Woo hoo! And two, I'll be turning 21, which doesn't effect me much considering I don't party like I used to. But the freedom to have a drink with my brother and sister will now be available to me. I'll be living on the East Coast for the first time ever, which puts me closer to both Michael and Lauren/Aaron! I'm very excited about being able to see them more than just once a year.


Life is rather wonderful in the way it slowly progresses, yet flies by still the same. I cannot believe it's already January. I'm trying really hard to utilize my free time better, seeing as I won't have any quite like this until I retire, which shan't be for quite a while. I've decided to make goals for different projects and such at the beginning of every month. When I meet every goal, I'll check it off my list. Then at the end of the month, if I've met all of my goals, I'm going to reward myself with something. January's reward will be something from American Apparel and a cactus key necklace from Bueno Bueno, on bigcartel.com. I'm stoked!


Jack in our last fort of 2010. <3
Jack Jack...


I start working with Jack again tomorrow. It's been three weeks since I've worked with him. I really miss that little guy. Tomorrow is going to be phenomenal. First thing tomorrow, we're building a fort! Then we'll find something fun to do outside, despite the cold. Perhaps sidewalk chalk or something. It'll be grand. I didn't know it was possible for be to be as bored as I've been for the last three weeks. I survived though and that is all that matters, because tomorrow is a new day and my schedule will return back to normal! Huzzah!




Ran...


I worked out today, which I haven't done but once in the last three months (yikes). The run was fine, but it was the push-ups that got me. Dad was coaching me and counting for me. He saw me struggling on regular push-ups, so told me to do girl push-ups for the next few weeks to build my upper body strength back up again. I felt so pathetic, but conditioning doesn't happen over night, so I'm just gonna have to get used to feel like a failure until I'm stronger. I've dropped like 17 pounds since May. I'm really proud of it because it was all done by eating healthier. Less alcohol, soda and pizza (I miss working at Hideaway Pizza solely because of the discount), and more fruit, water, and organic stuff. It definitely helps that Nonna cooks real food, instead of the most "real" food on campus being Which Wich... Thinking about food is making me miss my fat days. ha

Before (in May). Rrrrough.
On second thought...

After. (At the beginning of December)
 Your welcome, world.


Ready for Love...


I read an article today about the best ways to make this the year that I find love. It was charming in a... needy sort of way. But I liked two things that it suggested. First, 'one must live as if they are already in love'. Live like you already have that person in your life so that way, when it happens, you'll have already created room in your life for that person. From clearing out and giving away clothes you don't wear (so as to make room for someone else's shirts in your closet) to giving yourself off one night every week (for date night, of course!). I thought it was great because it works wonders for friendships and romantic relationships alike, thus giving one a more rich and fulfilling life! And who doesn't want that? 
Secondly, it suggested writing out a sort of declaration or credo, and verbalizing "to the universe" that this is the year for love. It said to make to light a candle, read the credo aloud to yourself, then blow the candle out to symbolize that you're sealing the deal. I love symbolism, so if I were single and ready to mingle, I'd probably blow out twenty candles. I like the practice of speaking things into existence. "If you confess with your mouth and believe it in your heart" sort of thing. It takes faith. And I appreciate that.


It reminded me of the song "Ready for Love" by India Arie. In one of her live performances posted online of that song, she prefaces the song by saying "It's not for a specific person, or to a specific person. It's to God, to the energy of Love to come and bless my life." This song is one of the many reasons why I know she and I are sisters. She gives my heart words when it has none.


"If you give me half a chance,
I'll prove this to you
I will be patient, kind, faithful and true
To a man who loves music,
a man who loves art,
respects the Spirit world,
and thinks with his heart."




Most Sincerely,
Miss K

1 comment: