Wednesday, January 19, 2011

75 Days. 20 Years of Snow. (Cabin Fever Has Set In)

75 Days!!!


I went to bed at 8 pm last night, which was a big difference from 2 am the night before. I'm hoping that one of these days I'll find some regularity in my sleeping pattern. It's just so difficult to channel all this passion. Especially when the sudden urge to start and finish a painting hits at 9 pm. ha. Maybe one of these days I'll start painting when the sun is still up. But until that day comes, I'll just keep doing what I do.

Jack Jack...                                                
Jack Jack and I played inside today since it's too cold to go out. We played "Voltron". I was the red Lion and he was the blue Lion. I have to say, although my twenty year old body still fits comfortably in a laundry basket, it does not contort in the same manner without stretching before. Naturally, I didn't think it would be an issue when I climbed into "The Red Lion" earlier, but my lower back has not forgiven me yet. I'm hoping that playing Voltron does not become a regular occurrence in my job. We painted today though! So I'm hoping he'll like to make that a habit instead.

Snow...                                                      
We're supposed to get 3 to 5 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow! As always, there are pros and cons. The pros are that Jack and I will get to play in it if there's school tomorrow, and if school is cancelled I won't have to work tomorrow. The cons are I might have to wake up way early to go play in the freezing cold, and that I might have to sit at home and twiddle my thumbs all day. Either way, tomorrow will be good. 

I just wish I had a best friend/neighbor that I could hang out and play in the snow with. Maybe I should go to Miss Next Door Neighbor and ask her if she wants to be my best friend. It worked for Helen Lewengrub in Superstar, so why wouldn't it work for me? You're probably thinking "Kristen, you're dumb. Superstar was a SNL film." But I assure you, anonymous reader, my life is just short of cameras, boom mics and good editing from being a cheesy comedy about an underdog reaching fame, stardom and a magical first kiss. Maybe if I start monologues of failing romance at stop signs and making out with trees, I'll actually become Mary Katherine Gallagher. Hmm... I shall have to ponder this before I make any drastic lifestyle changes. For now, I'll stick to reading Harry Potter, sitting in laundry baskets and playing pretend with a four year old ginger kid.

Mary Katherine Gallagher, my childhood role model.
Ask my mom who I was for Halloween at age ten.


Mum...                                                          
My mamita called me today after going to the doctor and told me she was diagnosed with osteo-arthritis in her hands. It makes me really sad that she's aging and her health isn't what it used to be, just as her and I are becoming good friends. I love her a lot and I want to take care of her as best as I can. Please pray for my momma, Shirley. She's a saint and I want to help her, but there isn't much I can do but pray right now.

Art...                                                            
I'm getting a lot better at finishing pieces in a timely manner, and this is very exciting news! I recently pledged to participate in Project Restyle, an upcycling project that Elsie Flannigan is leading on her blog. I'm really excited and can't wait to finish more clothes and accessories for Spring and Summer! I love that it's like an idea share resource. It doesn't take much for me to be inspired, so I love seeing what people come up with for new ideas.

Rearrangements...                                          
I decided to rearrange my room this week so I can start preparing myself mentally for the changes that are soon to come, as well as utilize what little space I have more effectively. I figured out two days ago that my lil Samsung Solstice can take panoramic pictures! Totally sick, right? So I decided to take a six-photo sequence so you can see what my room looks like now. Mind you, my room is definitely not clean (Thank goodness you can't see the floor in this picture). When I'm done with the new set-up I'll post a before and after. 
Here's what my sweet little pad looks like right now:
 Closet door on the left of the entrance, window, loft bed/desk,
then bookshelf and door. 
That has to be the coolest sequence of pictures I've ever taken in my life. I hope you're as impressed with my five dollar Samsung as I am.

In other photo news, I decided to document some random things from my evening that I needed my Diana Mini for but, of course, she was upstairs. And I, I was far lazy to run all the way upstairs to get her. But instant gratification is worth it sometimes. Take Ramen, for example. It's really high in sodium and the noodles are just as poorly made as Brittany Murphy's last movie (coincidently named "The Ramen Girl"... no wonder she killed herself). No nutritional (or entertainment) value whatsoever. But, I digress. Because it's what I had for dinner...
You can bet your bottom dollar that segway was planned.

Doesn't the joy in this photo astound you?
It sums up my equal enthusiasm for Brittany Murphy
 movies as well as Beef Ramen. Woot.
However, despite the excitement of Ramen, rearrangement preparations, and a Last Airbender: Book One marathon, I still had time to sit and enjoy this...

A roaring fire in my Dad's new favorite toy, a fireplace hot box thing. It's got a catalytic converter that burns the smoke (which I did not know was possible until yesterday) AND a fan to blow the hot air out into the room. It's basically a modern wood-burning stove. It even has a little ledge that you can cook stuff on in case of an emergency. Awesome, huh?

Back to pictures...

This is a personal favorite.
I did my best to give one of those sad-eyed fake
 smiles that you see in elementary school year books. I think I achieved my goal.
Well, tomorrow will be here soon enough. Jack Frost is on his way to rough me up, and Jack Pierce will be anxiously waiting to play in the snow. (Cross your fingers for a snow day!)
Loves.


Xoxo,
Kristen

2 comments:

  1. I read the whole post. you should be proud, seeing as that was a long-a** post. Hope you get to play in the snow...I worked ha. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! NO WAY. You love me. :D
    I didn't play in the snow, but I got a freaking job instead!?! I'll text you with details. xox

    ReplyDelete