Monday, October 4, 2010

Wind chimes.


The suburbs are quite beautiful this time of year. I am so thankful to be living in Owasso in this season of my life. I am, however, on the verge of yet another lifestyle change. I never thought I would love change as much as I do now. But I never stop growing when I am constantly under pressure to learn and adapt to another way of living. It's really pushing me to not resist growth as a person.
      My dad was on the phone with my uncle earlier and mentioned that he is turning 49 in a few weeks and, in our conversation, he brought up the fact that my sister, Lauren, is going to be 26 in a few months. It hit me really hard that this is life. That every single day is one day closer to the end of life as it currently exists. I know that probably sounds really pessimistic, but I don't mean it in a negative way. It's just that life is kaleidoscopic. The patterns are always changing, but the same basic colors combine and transform into something more beautiful that what was there before. I am so thankful for this beautiful life that I've been given. I don't know how anyone could live without the Hope that is so amply given to us through Jesus Christ. I thank God that I'm alive. To feel the cool kiss of autumn in the breeze, to experience true joy, and to hear the spontaneous, always changing melody of the wind chimes in the suburbs.
     I am almost ready to move into another stage of life, but I know that first must come appreciation for what I have right now. And I can feel it welling up inside me. The truth that I once doubted is now my reality. I know that God will provide where ever He leads me, so I know I'll never be alone. Isn't that wonderful?

No comments:

Post a Comment