Thursday, October 21, 2010

Blueberry muffins and new pens.

Baby Willow Smith. I'm jacking her name for my firstborn.

Today is a beautiful day. I woke to the sound of construction workers hammering on a near-by roof, but I'm not going to hold it against them. I'm going to chill out to the sweet sounds of Big Band classics for the rest of the day. Abbie and I went to Wal-Mart last night, which makes three days in a row that I've gone there for one reason of another. Being a girl puts me at a financial disadvantage. Not only do guys get paid more for doing the same work as me, but I have to pay for more cosmetic supplies than they do. Life is so unfair...
Enough of that tangent though. I went to Wal-Mart and bought new pens, which is such an exciting thing. I always look for an excuse to handwrite everything when I get new pens. So if this blogging seems a bit scattered and formless, it's because I've been writing most of my thoughts in my journal for the last 16 hours. Sorry folks.

I'm having a lot of fun with the thirty days of Creativity challenge that I set out on. I already met my quota for the day with baking blueberry muffins for breakfast, but I'm going to do a bit of sewing just for kicks. I love my life... despite the financial burdens of being a woman.

I've been listening to a lot of great music lately and I'm lovin it. The sounds I'm currently swooning to are the likes of Regina Spektor, Joshua Radin, Kate Nash, The Bravery, Of Montreal, Florence + the Machine, Beirut, Justin Bieber (don't hate), and of course the cutie Willow Smith. I will never say no to a good dance (or in Willow's case, hair whipping) tune. Never. I love dancing too much. I hung out with my mum and stepdad the other night and Raul was showing me videos of my cousin Christina and I dancing at my Grampa George's house from when she was here in August. The Costa Rican side of the family is known for having random, late-night dance parties, which is one of the many reasons why I love spending time with them. That is exactly what happened that night and it was so great. The whole family was dancing. Even my baby cousins. The white side of the family has to be very inebriated to even consider going out for line dancing. Ooooh-klahoma, you've tainted my genes. Tut tut.

On that note, I bid thee farewell. I have a To Do list to finish before this evening. I'm hittin' the town tonight. Woot. My friend and I are going to Borders to read books we won't buy. I'm excited.

Jah Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment