Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Very Merry Unbirthday.


I've had a really great weekend. James and I went to OktoberFest Thursday evening with his crazy friend, then had a ten minute dance party in his kitchen. Friday we ate chili, played hide and seek and carved pumpkins with his family.
This is my skull and crescent moon carving on a white pumpkin.

James carved an owl with moons and stars and Daniel, his brother, went with a traditional Jack-o-lantern face.
 Saturday, a few girls from Xtreme met me at the John 3:16 Mission run and we helped operate a water station. I went to lunch with a sweet, dear friend from high school and she recruited me to read a novel for her to help her with an honors class that she's in. Saturday night, James and I went to the final installation of the Jurassic Park trilogy dinner parties. Tonight we baked cookies and rode our bikes through the neighborhood until we got lost. Thanks to his fantastic navigation skills, we found our way back to my house. I love super chill weekends.

Today is my half birthday, which means I have exactly six months before I'm 21. That doesn't mean much to me so I'm not super thrilled about it. I'm just looking forward to not being 20 anymore. I feel so young. My age does not reflect how old I feel inside. Is that normal? I'm sure it is. No one is ever happy with what they are or what they have. They always want the next best thing. My year of being 20 may be better than my 21st year. But you just never know. That's the nice thing about life. It's not very predictable.

No comments:

Post a Comment