Monday, October 18, 2010

Smiling stupidly.

If I could be a talking animal, I would be Luna.
Things have been nice and spontaneous as of late. I found the blog of a young woman seven years my senior who is literally living my dream. She owns a boutique (called Red velvet, which happens to be my favorite cake) with her sisters and best friend, has a pug, a fiancĂ©, and a beautiful imagination. She is also in the process of opening a cupcake shop, which is also a dream of mine. My beautiful sister, Lauren, and I have seriously talked about doing just that. It's great to read the blog of someone who's actually doing it, so I know what to expect.

She has some great tattoos and designs them for her friends as well. I think I've found my heart twin. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we have the same blood type. Anyway, I am very thrilled about my future. It's going to be so beautiful. Everything always works out exactly like it's supposed to, so I'm not worried.

I was really excited about painting a picture on Saturday afternoon when I realized I left my paints and canvas at the church on Friday. Francyne and I spent our Fridate painting at the youth building before the Harp and Lyre concert. I forgot to pick up my supplies when I was there yesterday, so my creativity is all pent up inside me. I'm about to burst, so I guess that means that Jack and I are going to do lots of coloring tomorrow after we play in the rain. Can I be a nanny forever? I love getting to be as creative and imaginative as child with him everyday. It's like the adult world and worries that I've grown into don't matter when we play pretend. We had a very long "What if" conversation about popcorn exploding out of the microwave. I'd love to make that into a children's book.

I am listening to "The Girl from Ipanema" on repeat right now. It's such a great song. It makes me feel so dreamy. I'm sure the sleepy time tea that I drank a bit ago may also have something to do with that. This sleepiness leads me to saying Goodnight to you, world. You have been kind to me today. Let's keep that niceness up tomorrow too.

xox, Kristen

2 comments:

  1. OMgosh. I'm so glad you know exactly who I'm talking about! She's absolutely wonderful.

    ReplyDelete