Friday, October 8, 2010

The Sun Is Shining.


I woke up every morning this week, which has been a nice change in comparison to waking up at noon like I've done since I've been back from camp. I wake up to the grapefruit-colored sun smiling, sleepily at me through my window. This morning I woke up. And he was shining for me. I knew it because I could feel it when I was still dreaming. I woke up singing a song, which only happens on really good days.

Last night, I recorded my audition tape and I'm going to mail it out today. I am so excited to find out when I leave for Basic. The Waiting Place doesn't seem so dreadful today. I plan on doing some Zumba, going for a run, sewing some drapes, and altering a vintage (circa 1960s) red gown. I wore it to my senior prom and tomorrow I'm wearing it to Abbie's first prom. We're going to Tulsa's 8th annual Goth Prom at the Marquee. Since she was homeschooled, she never went to a real prom. So tomorrow is her day. I am so excited!

We're going to get dressed up in black lace gloves, too much black eye liner, diamond dog dresses, and massive hair. When I say I'm altering my dress, I really mean I'm going to destroy it, then reconstruct it. But it's going to be super vixen-esque. I cannot wait. I've been awaiting an opportunity to make a public appearance looking like I belong in The Moulin Rouge since the age of ten. Burlesque is just an interesting style to me and I'm rolling up my sleeves to get dirty with it. In a wholesome, clean fun sort of way. heh heh. I guess this means I should probably shave my legs and dust off the high heels...
The stunning burlesque star, Dita Von Teese, is my inspiration for tomorrow's attire.

Anyway, it's going to be great fun and I cannot hide my excitement. Michael, my super cool brother, is coming into town this weekend! He's coming in from Pensacola, where he is currently stationed. It's going to be so much fun hanging out with him and Abbie. She and I have been able to spend a lot of time together these last few months and it's been so great. She really is wonderful having in my life.

Have fun this weekend. Stay out of trouble. Fall in love. And wake up early so you can sing to the grapefruit sun as he shines through your window to kiss your sleepy eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment