Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Thirty Days of Creativity.

My childhood best friend, Francyne, set out on a personal challenge to make something everyday for the next thirty days. She's placing each item (paintings, jewelry, and other various crafts) up for bid to raise money for Speed the Light, the Assemblies of God missons fund. She encouraged me to do it with her to allow God to help me perfect the talents the Lord has given me. My goal is to work out, blog, and either paint or sew everyday for the next month. So far, so good. This is day two and I went running and biking yesterday evening and this morning. I rode my bike to work this morning, I'm blogging and I'm about to paint a picture. My sweet friend, Laina, and I are biking again tomorrow morning.

Now that my schedule is becoming a bit more regular, it should help me ease into making these things a habit. Please pray that the Lord inspires me to glorify Him with every step that I run, note that I sing, step that I dance, stroke of my paintbrush, and word that I write. It's not easy to focus all things on Him when our society makes everything about our wants and needs. And on the fact that we were created to worship God in all that we do. But we were called to live our lives for His glory. Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment