Monday, November 1, 2010

Overcast Brainwaves.

I need to bake today. I'm not sure why but it gives me clarity of mind to let the oven do all the work. I've been sewing SO much lately. I made James' Fantastic Mr. Fox costume and an Ash Ketchum jacket for my sweet friend, Kyle Silver. This weekend was so much fun! Friday night I went out with James, his friend David, and David's lady friend. We ate dinner then worked on Halloween costumes. 
Saturday, I dressed up as a Ganguro from Harajuku street (in Tokyo, Japan). Ganguro literally translates as "Mountain Hag" in Japanese and it's an eccentric subculture that is infamous for neon dyed hair, anime-esque eye makeup, fake tans, and bright beachy clothes. It was a lot of fun to rock this look in public because I've been wanting to do it since I started my makeup madness challenge a while back. 
James and I at IHOP with the group.
Abbie and I organized a two-night group outing with the kids that went with us to Goth Prom at the beginning of the month and some of their friends. We decided to go rollerskating then go to IHOP because everyone knows that pancakes and roller skates go together like peas and carrots.
Heres the group: Peter Pan, two Edward Scissorhands, a plumber, the heroine "Plumber Saver", a gangster, Frodo Baggins, a Harajuku girl, and the heroine "Lady Avenger". (Not pictured: James Bryant as Jason Mraz)
Sunday evening, we went bowling at this sweet place in Broken Arrow called Andy B's. It has a bowling alley, an arcade, and a Go Kart race track. Then we went to Chipotle and took advantage of their $2.00 burrito special that you get if you wrap a part of your Halloween costume in aluminum foil. It was super good and cheap (two of my favorite adjectives when it comes to food). The objective of having two different Halloween celebrations was to give ourselves an excuse two be two different characters. So most of us changed our outfits up completely.
Sunday night's group: Two gangsters, a fairy, Ash Ketchum, Frodo, The Red Queen, Robin Hood, a jester, Fantastic Mister Fox, Euro Trash and an adorable Indian Princess
I was so busy sewing the boys' costumes all day yesterday that I hardly had time to shower. I was going to be Amy Winehouse but I didn't have time to fix my hair (which is the statement maker) so I had to resort to my default look, Euro Trash (a.k.a. The Russel Brand). But it worked out nicely because my friend Ceirra also went with the man look with "the Alan Garner" beard, aviators and baby that she rocked. So, in the end, I didn't feel completely alone in my decision to strip away all feminine beauty and voluntarily subject myself to public humiliation and stares of disgust as I walked through Wal-Mart looking for aluminum foil.
Cee stopped by so we could pose for a picture together. I love her madly. :)

I hope you had a marvelous Halloween weekend!

xoxo, Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment