Sunday, November 7, 2010

Gratitude.

Listen to the song "Little Things" by India Arie that's posted at the bottom.
 It is the melody that my heart is singing.

I know gratitude is a rather cliche subject to address this month, considering Thanksgiving is minutes away. But a bird must fly, a fish must swim, and a thankful girl must blog about gratitude. That's just how nature works, ladies and gents. I am so blessed (the only churchy word I'll use in this blog. promise) to be totally surrounded by wonderful people who want me to live the best quality life possible. First of all, my four parental units love me so much and they all have different ways of showing it. Mom and Raul are so sweet, randomly call to tell me that they're thinking about me and praying that I have a wonderful day. And Dad and Nonna still go out of their way to do unnecessary kind things like buy me cookies, cook me breakfast, and invite me on all their outings.
They all love me a lot. They let me know by waking me up in the morning with a fresh pot of coffee, going shopping with me at Hobby Lobby and taking on little sewing projects; inviting me to karate class Halloween parties, cleaning up my throw up when I get a stomach virus, and praying for me when I'm stressing about something. Even though divorce sucks, my family is better for the fact that I hit the jackpot on crazy, loving, foreign step parents.
 Also my brother and sister and the coolest people I know. The fact that 1) I am related to them, and 2) we have the exact same smile, makes me pretty dang cool by association, I think. Lauren is a saint on the inside and a beautiful women on the outside. Michael is a wonderful, loving, generous man on the inside and a super duper tough Marine on the outside.
Family is just the beginning of what I am thankful for. Not to mention incredible friends that encourage me and push me to grow in all facets of life. A promising future in the Air Force. An awesome recruiter who has completely changed my perspective of the military. A sweet man friend holds my hand and gets lost in books at Barnes and Noble with me. Constant inspiration to glorify God through my art all over the place. A sweet family that trusts me to teach and take care of their awesome four-year-old son every week. A warm bed. Food to eat. Clean water. A pretty wardrobe. A job that pays me weekly about what people in other countries make in a month.
I cannot take credit for any of the things and people I have in my life. I don't deserve any of it. I didn't earn any of it. There's nothing I could do to deserve the incredible love I have in my life except to give it all back to God. To glorify Him by saying that everything I have and know to be my reality is because He loves me. No other reason.
Thank you, Jesus, for all that you are in my life and all that you will be. Take everything I have and make it beautiful. Make it Yours. May it be so.

Follow the link and watch the music video for "Little Things" by India Arie. It's lovely.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xZPMlCkDY8&ob=av2e

No comments:

Post a Comment