Thursday, November 11, 2010

Community.


Since I've been back from camp, consistency in my relationship with God and with people has been so difficult. It's not that I try to push away from those relationships. I'm just alone a lot, so I've learned to survive by doing my own thing and not getting emotionally attached to anyone. But Jesus is wrecking this habit and replacing it with the straight truth that I need people. I hate needs that I cannot meet by myself, and this is the ultimate admittance of dependency. I need people. More importantly, I need people that need Jesus as much as I do. I need people that love glorifying Him with everything they are. I need a community that is made up of messed up, passionate people that will love me like Jesus loves me.
I love the incredible people that I'm surrounded by here in Owasso. I'm just not used to optional community, so I've become a loner because I genuinely like being alone. Even as I write this, I am the only living thing in my house and I like it. A lot. This is really healthy, I'm sure of it. It's so necessary to have quiet time and reflect on the way things are in your life. But the key to success is taking what you discovered in your quiet time and sharing that with someone else. So that's what this blog is. This is me saying I need people, despite my loner tendencies. If I don't want to hang out, it's not because I hate your guts. I just need to be alone to think.
Please be in my inner circle. Feel free to make yourself a part of my life. Because that's exactly what I need. And I wouldn't be surprised if I know a thing or two that might be able to help you out. I love you because Jesus is showing me how. Let's grow together and show everyone what it looks like to be a God-centered community.

Jah Love, K.

p.s. I finally got my license on Monday and secured my Air Force job. I'm a very late bloomer, what can say?Also, I found out that I'll get to choose my second career (with Broadcast, I get to do one career when I'm home and then Broadcast when I'm overseas). I'm going to choose either Public Affairs or Still Photography. The Air Force is making all my dreams come true. I've wanted to learn to do photography and be a radio dj for quite a while now. All my ambitions are actually being fulfilled. Thanks, Uncle Sam! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment