Thursday, November 18, 2010

Seven Swans Day.

Things have been rather exciting and eventful as of late. I found out on Monday that my official leave date is April 5th. Tuesday, I found out I have to enroll in a typing class before the end of January. I've been sick for the last two weeks. It started out as a cold, but turned into a sinus infection, so I finally went to the doctor and got some antibiotics. It just sucks not having energy ALL the time. I'm so ready to start working out again, but it's all been on hold going on three weeks now. I got it from James. Somehow he managed to get well within the first week without taking any medicine and very few vitamins. Apparently my immune system blows compared to his. He says it's because I drink coffee and he doesn't. According to him, caffeine depletes the essential vitamins and nutrients from your body that are necessary to fight off germs.
I've started putting in applications to different places so I can get a full time job somewhere, and maybe a part-time job somewhere else. And since I'm gonna be here for a while, I decided to take a few online classes through TCC. I'm really excited about learning again! I've maintained sanity over the last three months by going for a bike ride or a walk if I needed to get away for a bit. But it's cold and I'm sick so that exercise isn't possible. Laaaaame. So I have to do something to keep myself busy. And painting and reading all the time is just not enough for me. It's losing it's specialness cuz I do it all the time now.
Granted, it's put me in a state of constant inspiration. But it's not enough to suffice my needs mentally. I need more of a challenge, which is ironic because I took off this semester because I thought I was an academic failure and I truly don't know what I want to major in... still. But I'm not going to worry about it. God is so faithful and He works everything out for His glory, which is exactly what I want Him to do with my life. So I'm just going to continue trusting that He'll provide clarification and guidance.




On a different note, it is cold outside. And I've started wearing scarves and sweaters everyday. Although I hate the bitter cold, cutting wind of the Oklahoma plains, I love that it's cold enough to layer. I love layers! And gloves! And fuzzy socks! Thank reminds me, I need to invest in wool socks this winter. Maybe something like this...
I'm looking forward to this evening. James and I are hanging out. I like him a lot. And his momma, Debbie, likes me too so things are working out quite nicely. She bought me a gorgeous scarf the other day just because she was thinking about me. Isn't that so kind? I think he's making me dinner this evening. I love cooking with him. I actually feel useful in the kitchen now! But he's way more creative than I am when it comes to food. I'm always impressed with what he comes up with.

Anyway, I'm off to go hang out at the youth building for a bit. Ta ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment