Friday, November 26, 2010

You make your past, your past.


I have a lot of words that could do justice to the way I feel right now, but they wouldn't do justice to my class, grace, or Maker. I am not going to cut anyone down for the actions and falsities committed against me. I'm a lady and will carry myself in such a manner. The only words that are worthy of leaving my lips concerning the situation that has recently played out in my life are the lyrics of one of my favorite women, India.Arie. I can, however, speak for myself when I say thank you to the wonderful, honest women that saved me a lot of future heartache in revealing the truth. You know people love you when they don't want to see you suffer any more than you have to; when they'll tell you the dirty truth to save you from getting serious with a scoundrel. Thank you, sweet ladies.

The Truth by India
"There ain't no substitute for the truth, either it is or it isn't.
 You see the truth, it needs no proof, either it is or it isn't.
 And you know the truth by the way you feel."

Ready for Love by India
"If you give me half a chance I'll prove this to you
I will be patient, kind, faithful, and true
to a man who loves music, a man who loves art,
respects the spirit world and thinks with his heart."

The moral of the story is that you cannot expect someone who loves the world to live by a higher standard, a Holy standard. But even by the world's standards, infidelity is frowned upon. Even still, I serve a faithful God who is already everything I need. No man is faithful like He is, and I don't need any other love than that of my sweet Jesus.
Gotta love crochet bombing. <3

One of my favorite quotes is by Ron McManus. It says "Bitterness is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die." I'm not going to kill myself over this sad situation. Cry? Yes. But turn to stone with hatred? Nay. In fact, I'm going to do quite the opposite. I am going to grow from this. Pain reminds me of how delicate the human heart is. Everyone needs honesty, and we yearn for companion relationships because our Creator made us need that. The hunt is over, ladies and gents. True Love found me and I'm swooning. God is such a jealous God. I love how He loves me.


Scarlett with Gemma Ward. Notice her subtle nose jewelry?
On a different note, I'm going to spend some quality girl time with my sweet sister-friend, Laina, today. She's my fellow Freakin' Rican. We're going to get piercings today! Or at least I am. I'm getting my septum done. Hip hip hooray! I saw a few pictures of the gorgeous Scarlet Johansson with hers done this morning and it confirmed my desire to have it done. I've wanted to get it done for a while now and I decided today is the day. I figure five months is plenty of time to enjoy it before Basic! Anywho, I'm off to fix my mullet with a smile on my face and a song in my heart.

Jah Love to my sweet, charming blog-reading babies. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment