Saturday, September 11, 2010

Venus fly traps, personified.


       It is almost five in the morning, which is the perfect time to start a new blog, right? I have decided to make this one public, to let people finger through the files of personal thoughts in my brain... ugh. Creepy. But it will all be beautiful because that's how I do things.
      I had a painting party with Francyne today. F-cyne and I have been homies for the last 14 years. We started out in Cloverbuds together, which is 4-H's tot program, back in '96. We've been tight ever since. We've started having Fridates each week, which consist of food, coffee, and doing something creative. Liz Lemon and the rest of the 30 Rock crew joined us at our painting party today. Tracy kept things lively, as always... (I've began forming personal relationships with all the 30 Rock characters in my imagination... is that healthy?).
       I started painting a pumpkin with a snail, but I used some gesso for the first time to add texture, and it turned out crap, so I'm waiting until tomorrow to fix it. In the mean time, I started a painting of a Venus fly trap plant, smiling and laughing. I rather like it. There's something about it that makes me think of the Black Keys song "Sinister Kid". It's catchy but cruel.
      Abbie inspired me to join blogspot instead of staying on wordpress. I feel like it was a healthy decision. I could never remember my wordpress password anyway. You think I would have taken the hint...

 Is it possible that I have bowlegs because I sat criss-cross-applesauce too frequently as a child?

Anyway, key lime pie and a date with Liz Lemon are always the best ways to waste away another Friday night as a twenty year old... You only live once, right? Ha. Can't live this crazy forever.

    I did, however, download some songs of my newest musical girl crush. Zee Avi. She's precious.

She makes me wish I looked Asian. Oh, wait... Her style is so sweet and her music makes me want to throw on some pearls, heels, a dress and beehive hair-do. And vacuum until my husband comes home from work. But as Francyne informed me when I expressed these feelings, she reminded me that I'd be vacuuming for quite a while. Because my husband doesn't exist. And then I was like "Oh, yeah. You're right, Francyne!" and then we ate chocolate chip cookies and drank coffee until it was time to commence the paint partying.

 Our blank canvases are blank no more! She's painting a close-up of a feather and I'm painting plants. Perhaps I should do this for a living...

 
She's not finished just yet, but here's a glimpse of my smiling fly trap...




END.

1 comment:

  1. I love your first post....very you:)
    I love the plant painting!
    Also. Thanks for coming to blospot. I can follow you and creep you all the better now....
    lovesxo

    ReplyDelete