Friday, September 24, 2010

Red Red Wine

UB40

The song "Red Red Wine" by UB40 is easily one of my favorite songs of all time. I even loved it when I was a little kid. It has that reggae vibe that always makes me bob my head and try to sing along to the words that sound English, but not quite. I've never personally had red wine, but UB40 makes it sound like a friend and not an alcoholic beverage. I'm perfectly content with just listening to the song though.

On a different subject, I received a call from my recruiter today informing me that I am heading down to Oklahoma City to begin processing at MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station) on Tuesday. I am so excited. At first, I kinda shrugged it off when my dad told me he was proud of me and expressed more excitement than I could muster. But, as the realization settled in, I got excited. I'm not thrilled about the paperwork or the physical but about the fact that I am one step closer to being somewhere else.

As much as I try to fight it, I am not happy stewing in my own emotion and boredom. I am thoroughly enjoying this time of respite for my body and brain, but I need more than I'm giving myself. I cannot paint or sew away my need for adventure and challenges. The AF is going to help me (at least a little bit, I pray) find what it is that I'm good at and love doing. I mean, I'm good at plenty of things and I'm always happy with whatever job I'm doing... It'll just give me the opportunity to start my career. That's really what I want to do. College was fun, but I was not cut out for a state university, be it OSU or any other. I'm just not ready to decide on ONE major. If the AF doesn't cure me of indecision, it'll at least pay for all my schooling while I'm enlisted. BALLIN. High life, here I come!

He also mentioned setting up and audition for me to try for the Radio and Television Broadcast job that I'm really interested in. I looked into the job more a bit ago. It would require me to go overseas (yes, please) and I'd also get trained in another job to do at home. The OTHER job I've been looking at is Still Photography. The tech school for both jobs happen to be located at the exact same base in Maryland. Lord, if it is your will, make it happen!
 May it be so.

No comments:

Post a Comment