Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Blank Pages.


I went to Wal*Mart with Abbie, my bff/future sister-in-law, this evening and purchased a new notebook. Every time I start getting close to filling up a whole journal, I normally buy a new pen and a notebook. I am approaching the end of my beginning-of-fall book, so today I got an all black composition-style notebook. I am so excited about writing in it! I love the feeling of endless possibilities that I get when I open a new journal or sketchbook. It makes me feel like, whatever I so choose to pen in those pages, it's going to matter to someone. One of my children, grandchildren, or maybe even a stranger, will be able to identify with my words. They'll read my words and know my pain, my joy, my conviction.

This blog is very much like getting a new journal everyday, except my circle of influence with the words I type is unending. May the Lord speak through my words, and more so through my life. I hope you're reading this because you know my words are not meant to judge, but to love; not to lessen your pain, but to relate to it; not to steal your joy, but to share in it. I pray that you know that I am a broken vessel, completely dependent on the love of my sweet savior, Jesus Christ. I hope that you know that I'm not better than you. I have done things I am not proud of, but I have been restored by the love that burns in my heart.

When I have a rough day, when all the words I pen seem frivolous or uninspired, all I have to do is turn the page and it starts all over again. When I have a rough day, all I have to do is sleep. And when I wake up, His mercies are new. Each and every morning. Everyday that I write is one page closer to the end of this volume in my life... For I can not wait to see the face of my Beloved.

"God's loyal love couldn't have run out,
his merciful love couldn't have dried up.
They're created new each morning.
How great your faithfulness!
I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over).
He's all I've got left."

-Lamentations3:22-24

                                  "Take Cover" by Timothy Karpinski
http://www.thinkspacegallery.com/bio.php?artist=Timothy%20Karpinski

1 comment:

  1. Please listen to this song.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_495kLzE9E4

    ReplyDelete