Friday, September 24, 2010

HxC

This is my brother, Michael, being hardcore at a show when he was in Magdalene. That is blood on his shirt. He busted his knuckles open on his set and it splattered all over the place. HE'S THAT HARDCORE. It runs in the family, I guess...


The Spoken show tonight was fantastic. I haven't had a chance to rock out to good music since I taught Hardcore Dancing 101 at camp this summer in the blazin' heat. I didn't sweat nearly as much tonight, which was nice. Thinking about how fantastic it is to go crazy to good music makes my heart yearn for The Biggest Celebration to ever exist... that is, when we get to Heaven. I imagine we will be so captivated by Jesus' presence in front of our new eyes that we will all go crazy. I plan on going hardcore for Jesus. It's what I've learned to do, so why would I stop when I actually get to be with him forever?

Forever... that's such an interesting word. We truly have no concept of eternity because our frail, finite human minds cannot swallow the idea whole. We exist in a universe trapped in time and God exists outside of it, so there's no chance that we will ever fully comprehend Him while we're in these fleshy capsules we call bodies. I love living for God, and I am just so excited to be with Him. Thankfully, He's given me chance after chance to be forgiven and stay in communication with Him. He let's me spend time with Him everyday. How wonderful is that? And yet it's still so hard for me to love Him everyday... I will never understand.

   Eternity makes me question why I don't talk about it more often. I get so caught up in the time frame of living my life that I completely forget it's not mine at all. If you read this and you and I are acquainted, next time we chat bring up eternity. And remind me that my life is not my own, and I'll remind you that you never know when you're going to die... and then we'll hardcore dance in the holy of holies, in the presence of God. On Earth. Because that's what we're called to do. We're called to bring it.


So bring it.

2 comments:

  1. This was such a perfect post. the way you described us trapped in time was perfect.
    whenever I really sit down and think on eternity, it makes me wonder how we are all so caught up in our silliness. It's crazy how perspective can change things.
    Let's bring it!
    P.S. I still love your blog...so great:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it a fantastic thought that we are the Bride in the greatest Love Story of all time? When I stop and think about it, I'm always taken aback. Because I don't act like a fairytale princess... not by any means. haha

    ReplyDelete