Sunday, September 12, 2010

Seasons Change.



I can't wait until the autumn cool rolls in. Autumn means warm blankets, fuzzy socks, and hot apple cider. It means falling leaves and football games. It means crocheting scarves for chilly necks and cuddling. It means slow dancing on the back porch to The Weepies and wearing mittens. We're almost there, folks!
      I don't matter, but I am so thankful that the Lord has given me such a beautiful life. I am so glad that I can appreciate the small things in life that bring me so much joy. I am so thankful that I have an education, the ability to work and establish my independence. For it is in my independence that I am becoming so much more dependent of His Love and guidance.
      Every time one season enters and another leaves, I get the song "Seasons Change" by Spoken stuck in my head. "For the first time I understand what I am without you. Without you, I am nothing." It reminds me that, no matter what, God is still in control. He gives and He takes away to draw us closer to His embrace. So, when I feel alone or hurt, it's consoling to know that He is in control of the storm. When the rain keeps pelting down, it is all for a reason and part of His plan.
    I've been weaned emotionally off my family, my church friends, and romantic relationships over the course of the past five years. It's been a tearful process, and I will admit that there were times when I questioned if God loved me. And, if he did, why He was letting me hurt. But now I see that, just as a parent must be stern with discipline, God has been stern with me in His love. He's allowed me to reap the consequences of my mistakes, but He's also rescued me when I could not make the right decision. His faithfulness has never waned. I am the one who has been wandering, for my heart is prone to do so.
     I want to encourage you to trust Jesus. Even if it doesn't make sense. Even if you cannot see your hand in front of your face, just keeping trusting. He will lead you out of the darkness. You won't always know what is going to happen next, but there is beauty and peace that comes with letting Him be in control. I am learning this. He will give you the desires of your heart in His perfect timing.



(Spoken, by the by, is playing at Enerje Event Center September 24th at 10:00! $3 in advanced or $5 at the door. Be there or be rectangular! Free pizza and beautiful music. What more can we ask for?)

No comments:

Post a Comment