Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Yellow

I went to a random concert last night at this basement venue called the Hell Cactus. It was like being transported back into the 70s. There were sweaty, greasy hippies tripping acid, grooving and spazzing to the music, and the rock was so raw and dirty you could hardly make out the lyrics above the feedback. Someone brought a upply of 3-D glasses, so during the Dull Drums whole set (they were the headliners), I hippie danced to watch the pretty colors change. haha. It was well worth the wait. I had such a good time and, consequently, only got five hours of sleep last night. But it was awesome.

I've been kinda bummin about the fact that I'm leaving. My countdown is at 11 days right now before I leave for Basic. For the last 11 months, I've stood strong against falling in love because, at this point in my life and my ever-looming career, it would be pointless for me to begin anything romantic. So I'm fighting myself as best as I can. It's been three wonderful weeks but I have to get real with myself. I'm leaving Tulsa and I'm not searching for a reason to come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment