Friday, December 9, 2011

Stir Fry-day

Well, I've been living in New Mexico for seven weeks now and I like it now about as much as I did when I got here... which isn't a lot at all.
My shop blows and videography is not "mission essential" here at Cannon AFB so I rarely ever get a chance to do my job. Joining the Air Force was the greatest decision I made for my life at this time and I stand by that. I just wish I didn't get screwed on my first PCS. When I got this job, I was told that it was predominantly overseas, yet here I am... at a remote location at an uncomfortably high altitude in the middle of Nowhere, New Mexico. 
Normally I'm not as pessimistic about my assignment. I've just had a rough week. It's bad enough that I hate my shop. What's worse is I went from not having any legitimate work to do, to being the only person in video, with the three other people in Vid out sick. And today, I'm the one that's down for the count with the virus that knocked everyone out this week. Sore throat. Achy body. Stopped-up ears. Exhausted. And hating life at Cannon.

I miss the freedom of having the option to call in to work sick without having to check with my supervisor, schedule an appointment with Family Health, walk to Medical to be seen by a military doctor, then call in again to tell them what's wrong with me. All I'd have to do is say "I have diarrhea and a fever. Do I need to find someone to cover my shift?" and they'd say yes or no.

On a different subject...
Westin and I no longer speak. I've been seeing a guy named John that I met through Pons here at Cannon. He's a blast. He's a really good friend and a good guy altogether. Westin "de-friended" me on Facebook a while back, and I assume it's a repercussion of seeing photos of John and I together. But I'm not deterred by it. Tech school romance was always a joke, and I'm the gullible one that thought it might last. I have no one to blame but myself for being so naive. But he was right. Time heals everything. I've made a conscious effort to get over it and that is precisely what I've done. I really am happy with John and there's nothing wrong with that. 

I'm normally pretty busy on the weekends doing random stuff, but since I'm down for the count, I'm going to hopefully get crafty this week. I have a few things that I've been wanting to make. One of them is a secret hiding place in an old book. And another is a painting of a geisha... but I don't know how long that idea will last once I start working on it. Well, I'm gonna go wash my hair. It's pretty gnarly.

Xo,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment