Saturday, December 10, 2011

Sick Puppies

Johnny is sick with the virus I had. Go figure. He's been vomiting and running a fever all day. It just broke though and he's passed out right now. I've been taking care of him the best I can, but there's only so much you can do when someone can hardly hold down water.

I've taken this moment of quiet to work on some paintings. I've got two working right now. I re-did the background for the geisha painting with pages of an old book. I ripped them up, mod podged them in random places, and painted an antique-looking brown over them. I still want to do the geisha on it and I think I may do a cherry blossom tree in the background. I also want to use an Anais Nin quote in the top portion. The quote is "And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to bloom."

The other painting I started is landscape and I sectioned it in thirds painted in a pale yellow, a pale teal, and a baby pink. I'm going to paint a little house, a cupcake, and three little people holding hands. The three people are going to be Pons, John and I. They're my family here at Cannon. We've talked about getting a house together, which would be wonderful. And we always have family dinners together, at least twice a week. Pons and I both absolutely love cooking and baking. It's a million times more fun when you're doing it with people you love, for people you love.

It sucks that John isn't well, but I'm glad I'm here to take care of him. Between vomiting sessions, he said "Baby, I really appreciate you taking care of me. Thank you." I didn't really know what to say, but I went with "Don't even mention it. I do it because I care." I told him that, anytime I'm sick, my mom used to always take care of me. She was such a great nurse. She'd lay with me and stroke my hair, make me soup, put cold towels on my forehead, and get me Gatorade and 7-Up even if we couldn't afford it. She's always been a saint, and this is the best way I can think to be like her. It's all in the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment