Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Homesick

I can't tell if I miss home because I miss home, or if I miss home because it represented a really chill time in my life. I desperately wish I could sew, paint, and sing along to my favorite songs with the windows open. I wish I had time to take pictures with my Diana. I wish I could sit with Teri on the windowsill drinking coffee and listening to Otis.

I'm growing up, and it's scary. I care for people that I may never see again. I miss people I know I'll never see again. I just wish I could go home for a weekend... but the life I've chosen isn't very kind or considerate when it comes to homesickness. But if you read this, please pause for a mo and pray for me. Pray that I can find home somewhere other than Oklahoma so it doesn't hurt as bad here in Maryland.

No comments:

Post a Comment