Sunday, April 29, 2012

Oh! Life and the Joys you bring us

My heart is so full. I'm rediscovering beauty in everything from silent brokenness to quiet to blaring inspiration. I'm word-smithing and creating on a daily basis, and I feel raw from opening my heart everyday. But I'm more alive and myself than I've been since I spent my summer barefoot and covered in silt-water in the pottery room.
My goal for giving up dating is to establish myself as the kind, nurturing woman I am with everyone. I want to be able to take care of my sweet friends without the complications of being in a relationship. I want to be the friend for crafternoons coffee, and good company.
I want to be the untouchable that I used to be. When I kept my standards high, I didn't waste my heart on the undeserving. I'm going back to that because I know I deserve better than what I've been wasting my time and heart on for the last four years. And I'm exhausted! So no more Dead End relationships for Kristen Erin.

1 comment:

  1. If you haven't read it, you may want to pick up a copy of "I kissed dating goodbye" by Joshua Harris. It shows you how to find a mate in a way that doesn't waste you or your heart.

    ReplyDelete